The Serenity Mausoleum
Serenity is the newest mausoleum at Forest Lawn, offering skylights, stained glass windows, votive lights and exceptional beauty, all at a surprisingly affordable price. In fact, Serenity is one of the least expensive above-ground burial options in all of Western New York.
At Serenity, you’ll find both interior and exterior crypts for full-body burials, and niches for cremated bodies. Private family rooms are also available.
Serenity is the only mausoleum in Western New York that has all of the following features:
- A beautiful bronze “Book of Life” plaque with a black granite stone for your inscription
- Interior crypts with a votive light
- Inscriptions with full name, including middle name and/or maiden name
- A professional title
- Month / day / year of birth and death
- Companion (tandem) start at $6,900 (2 caskets)
- Single crypts start at $6,900
- Family crypts start at $19,900 (4 caskets)
- Community space (1 of 4 spaces) start at $3,500 (single casket)
- Companion (tandem) start at $11,900 (2 caskets)
- Single crypts start at $7,900
- Side-by-side crypts start at $16,000 (2 caskets)
- Companion deluxe couch crypts start at $25,000 (2 caskets)
- Community space (1 of 4 spaces) start at $4,500 (single casket)
- Family crypts start at $24,900 (4 caskets)
A crypt is typically an above-ground or sometimes an in-ground chamber often called a mausoleum, where the full or cremated body of the deceased is placed.
Forest Lawn offers numerous styles of crypts:
- Tandem or true companion crypts - these crypts hold two caskets in one crypt or vault; the caskets are placed head-to-head in the crypt.
- Side-by-side crypts - the caskets are placed in two individual burial vaults or crypts side-by-side, covered by one double-wide crypt front memorial.
- Deluxe couch crypts - these crypts can be either single or companion crypts. The caskets are placed lengthwise, covered by a larger crypt front. These are considered deluxe crypts because both the crypt front (panel) and crypt itself are the full length of the lengthwise (long) side of the casket.
Please note that an additional burial right can be purchased in a single crypt for an urn. This allows spouses to be together, even if one prefers traditional entombment and the other wants cremation.
A niche is an above-ground space designed to hold a cremated body. In addition to holding an urn, niches with glass fronts may also display treasured photos, mementos or other personal items within the liberal policies established at the cemetery.
Community space niches start at $200 and private space starts at $800, not including incising (engraving).
Marble front niches start at $550
Glass front niches start at $3,000
Serenity Mausoleum – Niches
Interior Niches (bronze lettering not included)
- Marble front start at $550
- Glass front start at $3,000
- Several niche sizes available including:
- 10 ½ x 12 ½ x 11 5/8” (w x h x d)
- 16 ½ x 12 ½ x 11 5/8” (w x h x d)
- 22 ½ x 14 ½ x 11 5/8” (w x h x d)
- 22 ½ x 26 ½ x 11 5/8” (w x h x d)
*** The various niche sizes allows you to help your family choose almost any size urn
Niches Garden Columbarium (Incising not included) – Not Shown
- Community space (1 of 4) start at $200
For more information about cremation, please click here.
Of course, Forest Lawn is also home to hundreds of individual family buildings, which offer the protection of an above-ground burial with the privacy that many families prefer.
To learn more about any of these options, please call one of our Family Service Representatives at (716) 885-1600, or email email@example.com.