A time-honored tradition
In-ground burial is what many people think of when they picture a cemetery. Of course, Forest Lawn isn’t just another cemetery. We offer some of the most unique burial areas in Western New York, just as we have for 160 years.
Today, you can choose in-ground burial for either full-body interment (in a casket), or as a resting place for the cremated body (typically inside an urn). Spouses and loved ones can be side-by-side, together beneath the magnificent trees and the open sky. And just because Forest Lawn is the best, doesn’t mean it has to cost more. Private, ground burial space for cremated bodies starts at $400; an in-ground full-body space starts at $1,500 pre-need.
Today, many people are also interested in “green” burials. At Forest Lawn, you can choose environmentally friendly arrangements for in-ground burial in any of our available sections. With a “green” burial:
- The grave may be dug and filled by hand, rather than by machine.
- The body does not have to be embalmed, and may be placed in a biodegradable all-wood casket, or one made of bamboo or wicker (ask your funeral director for more information).
- An outer burial container is not required.
- You don’t even need a headstone or memorial, if you choose.
- For those who select cremation, there are biodegradable urns available. Click here to see our biodegradable urn options (PDF, 85kb).
To learn more about green burial options, please call one of our Family Service Representatives at (716) 885-1600, or email email@example.com.