The Assistant to the Director of Family Services position is primarily responsible to provide support and assistance to the Director of Family Services. In addition, this role will be responsible for selling all company-approved products and merchandise offered for sale by The Forest Lawn Group.
This is an exciting new opportunity within The Forest Lawn Group that is an expert position at an entry level with a track for growth and management opportunities. The successful candidate will:
- Provide high-level administrative support and assistance to the Director of Family Services
- Perform clerical and administrative tasks including drafting contracts, invoices, reports, and other documents as needed
- Input data into the company sales system
- Schedule and attend meetings on behalf of the Director of Family Services
- Learn and maintain a full working knowledge of all Cemetery operating sales processes, online pricing and inventory management
- Assist in the training, recruitment, and retention of (Senior) Family Service Representatives (FSR)
- Assist with the functions for finance and marketing for the Family Services Department
- Travel to all Forest Lawn Cemeteries, as needed, to show lots and maintain knowledge of available sites
- Effectively achieve sales revenue quotas for individual goals
- Respond and meet with families through various means (phone, in-person, live chat, email)
- Follow up and generate referrals from client families
- Develop community relations and network in the community
- Complete all contracts and required paperwork for all individual and Director of Family Services sales, as well as fully and accurately have the knowledge to support and if required to initiate, interment orders, insurance assignments and associated paperwork for at-need or imminent sales
This individual is expected to be available after business hours to respond to company leads or public requests for information, including days, nights, weekend and holidays.
Previous person-to-person sales experience is required (for example, private business owner, retail, restaurant management, etc.).
This is a position with high growth potential – starting at $50k plus an override.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred. Minimum two years of prior experience in a business related field. Valid driver’s license is required.
Vaccination requirements; use of masks, social distancing and safety/cleaning protocols are in place.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to us at the link below.